Prep time: 30 minutes
Rest time: 24 hours
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted
- 3 cups crushed tea biscuits or graham crackers
- 1 lb fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream separated
- 8 oz mascarpone cheese separated
- 2 tbs. sugar separated
- 2 6 oz packages of strawberry Jello
- 2 3 oz packages of strawberry Jello
- 6 cups hot water
- Springform pan 9 in dia x 2.75 in
Step 1: Crust
- In a mixing bowl combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. Using a fork stir the mixture until it resembles wet sand.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan and using a glass or your hand tightly pack the mixture until it becomes one solid crust covering the bottom of the pan.
- Set aside.
Step 2: Cheesecake mixture
- Dissolve one 3 oz package of jello in 1 cup of hot water. Set aside to cool.
- Once the jello has cooled completely you can start assembling the cheesecake layer.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in 1 cup of cold heavy whipping cream and 1 tbs of sugar.
- Using a hand held mixer mix the cream until you start to reach stiff peaks.
- Add in 1/2 of the 8 oz mascarpone cheese and mix just long enough for the cheese to be incorporated.
- Gradually add in the cooled jello and mix until the jello is incorporated with the cheese.
- Pour the mixture into the springform pan.
- Top with strawberry slices and place in the fridge to set.
Step 3: Jello Layer
- Dissolve one 6 oz package of jello in 2 cups of hot water. Set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture is cooled gently pour the mixture over the cheesecake layer. I used a little ladle so that the pressure from the jello wouldn’t puncture the cheesecake mixture.
- Place in the fridge to set.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 once more! Leave cake in the fridge overnight and Enjoy!