Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 packages spinach tortellini (or whatever flavor you’d like)
- 2 onions chopped
- 16 oz package white mushrooms chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves diced
- 2 chicken breasts chopped
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tbs fresh parsley diced
- 1 tbs paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a skillet with high sides add in 2 tbs vegetable oil.
- Keeping the heat on medium add in the chopped chicken. Season with paprika, salt and pepper. Cook 4-5 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside on a clean dish.
- Into the same skillet add in the remaining 1 tbs of vegetable oil along with the chopped onions. Cook 3-4 minutes or until onions become translucent.
- Add in the mushrooms and continue to cook for an additional 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are fully cooked through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in diced garlic and cook for about 60 seconds.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the pan along with the tomato sauce and heavy cream. Mix well to combine.
- Remove from the heat and add fresh parsley along with 3/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Mix well to combine everything.
- Pour the mixture into a an 8in square baking dish (or whatever casserole dish you’d like) and top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes and ENJOY!