Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 5 medium potatoes cubed
- 2 carrots sliced
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 tbs fresh parley diced
- 1 can black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 kielbasa link chopped
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 3 bay leaves
- 4 pieces all spice
- 1 tbs dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 gallon
- In a skillet with high sides add the vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium high add in your onion and cook until they become translucent, about 2-3 minutes
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 60 seconds or until the it becomes fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another skillet add in the chopped kielbasa and cook on high heat for 2-3 minutes and set aside.
- In a large soup pot add in the chopped potatoes, carrots and water. Season with salt and bring to a boil.
- Add in the cooked onions and garlic as well as kielbasa.
- Add in your drained black beans and mix well to incorporate.
- Season with bay leaves, all spice, marjoram, salt and pepper.
- Cook 25-30 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Let rest covered for 10-15minutes and ENJOY!