Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 55-60 minutes
- 6 medium potatoes (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 lb ground meat of your choice (I used pork)
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tbs chopped parsley
- 1 tomato diced
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 tbs paprika
- 2 tbs tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tbs vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet (about 10″ x 15″) with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese in a single layer and place the potatoes slightly overlapping each other over the parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- In a large skillet add in half of the vegetable oil.
- Keeping the heat on medium high add in the garlic and cook for about 60-90 seconds stirring constantly.
- Add in your spinach and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until the spinach has wilted.
- Remove from the pan and place in a clean dish.
- Using the same skillet add in the remaining vegetable oil.
- Add in the chopped onion and cook 3-4 minutes or until the onions become soft and translucent.
- Add in the ground pork and cook until the mixture is about 90 percent cooked through.
- Add your spinach and garlic back in and mix to incorporate.
- Add in the diced tomato and mix.
- Add in paprika as well as the salt and pepper.
- Add in the tomato sauce and parsley. Cook for an additional 6-8 minutes and remove from heat.
- Once the potatoes are out of the oven spread the meat mixture over the potatoes leaving about an inch border on the top of the potatoes (watch video for visual).
- Top with ricotta cheese.
- Roll the potatoes from bottom to top using the parchment paper as a guide (again watch video for visual).
- Top with some mozzarella cheese, cover with parchment paper as tightly as you can and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes.
- Let the roll rest 15-20 minutes after removing from oven before cutting into.
- Plate and ENJOY!