Prep time:15 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 cup buttermilk or kefir
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups flour (sifted)
- 2 tbs baking powder(sifted)
- 4 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tbs vanilla sugar (if you don’t have it leave it out)
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven 375 degrees F and line the bottom of a springform pan with greased parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl add in the butter, sugar, flour and vanilla sugar (every topping material except the blueberries). Using your hand, mix and break the mixture up until it starts to resemble fine sand. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the buttermilk and eggs. Using a hand held whisk combine the eggs with the buttermilk.
- Add in the sugar and whisk until the sugar has been incorporated and broken down.
- Add in the vegetable oil and whisk.
- Gradually start to add in the flour and baking powder and continue to whisk until the flour is incorporated with the wet ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Top with fresh blueberries and gently push them slightly into the top of the cake.
- Finally top with the sandy mixture and bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool and ENJOY!