Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 2 medium sized eggplants
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- Vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the eggplant into 1/4 inch slices length wise.
- In a bowl or baking dish add in the flour and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Dip the eggplant in the flour and place on a clean plate.
- In another mixing bowl or dish add in two eggs along with some salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a skillet add in enough oil to coat about 1/4 inch of the pan. keeping the heat on medium/high let the oil heat up.
- Taking one slice of eggplant at a time dip the floured eggplant into the the egg and place directly into the hot oil.
- Cook for about one minute on each side or until the outside of the eggplant is slightly golden.
- Remove from the hot oil and place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up some of the oil.
- Season with salt as soon as you remove them from the pan. Continue to do this until all the eggplant is fried making sure to layer paper towels between each layer of eggplants.
- Taking a 12.8 x 8.7 inch casserole dish spread a thin layer of marinara sauce on the bottom of the dish.
- Place a layer of eggplant over the marinara sauce and top with additional sauce over the top. Top with dollops of mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan cheese. Continue to layer the eggplant, sauce, mozzarella and parmesan until you are done.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let rest for a bit and ENJOY!