- 4-5 sleeves Italian Lady Fingers
- 2 cups strong black coffee (cooled)
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz. Mascarpone cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- Line the bottom of a square springform pan (11.25 x 11 x 3.2 inches) with parchment paper and set aside. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the heavy whipped cream and sugar. Using a hand held mixer whip the mixture to stiff peaks.
- Add in the Mascarpone cheese and mix for a few seconds, only long enough to incorporate the cheese into the whipped cream. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl or rectangular storage container add in the cooled coffee and rum. Mix slightly to combine.
- Taking one lady finger at a time dip the lady finger in the coffee/ rum mixture and line the bottom of the pan with the cookies.
- Taking 1/3 of the whipped cream mixture top the cookies and smooth the mixture out.
- Sprinkle with a thin layer of cocoa powder.
- Continue to layer another layer of coffee dipped lady fingers and 1/3 of the whipped cream. I don’t do another layer of cocoa powder here but you are more than welcome to.
- For the final layer place more of the coffee dipped ladyfingers. Top with the remaining whipped cream and sprinkle with additional cocoa powder.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of 8 hours (best to keep over night) to allow the cake to set and marinate all the flavors together.
- Cut into desired pieces and ENJOY!