Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 60-65 minutes
- 2 lbs. lean ground meat (I used pork &chicken)
- 2 packages oven ready lasagna
- 2 onions chopped
- 1 package white mushrooms
- 6 garlic cloves diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 tbsp. dried marjoram
- 1/2 tbsp. herbes de provance
- 1 tbsp. paprika (separated)
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Salt/ pepper taste
- Vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add the ground meat to a medium sized mixing bowl and season with marjoram, herbes de provance, 1/2 tbsp. of paprika, salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside.
- In a skillet with high sides add in the vegetable oil and onion. Season with some salt and keeping the heat on medium/ high cook 3-4 minutes or until the onion is golden brown.
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 60 seconds before adding in your mushrooms.
- Cook the mushrooms 4-5 minutes until they are fully cooked through and any water that has rendered from the mushrooms evaporates.
- Add in the ground seasoned meat.
- Cook stirring often and breaking the meat up for 4-5 minutes or until the meat is fully cooked through.
- Add in the tomato sauce and cook stirring often for 3-4 minutes.
- In a large casserole dish brush some oil over the bottom and sides.
- Add some warm water into a dish with high sides and dunk the lasagna noodle into the water before placing into your greased pan.
- Top the noodles with the cooked meat mixture and then some cheese.
- Continue doing this until your are out of everything and making sure the top layer is noodles and cheese. Set the lasagna aside and make the sauce.
- In a large mixing cup add in the milk, heavy cream and paprika. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the lasagna. Cover the lasagna with some aluminum foil and bake 50-55 minutes.
- Remove the aluminum foil 15 minutes before removing the lasagna from the oven.
- Let the lasagna rest for 15-20 minutes before enjoying.