Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 15 minutes- 1 hour 20 minutes
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- 1 tbsp. marjoram
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Rice mix of your choice
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup water
- Take one piece of chicken breast at a time and cut a slit in the middle of the chicken (watch video for visual), making sure not to cut all the way through the chicken.
- In a small mixing bowl add in the paprika, marjoram, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Taking one breast at a time rub the rub into the chicken making sure to get some on the inside of the chicken.
- Place the chicken in a medium sized mixing bowl, cover with plastic wrap and marinate for a minimum of one hour.
- In the meantime cook your rice mixture according to the package instructions. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the egg and season with salt and pepper. Mix well to break up all the eggs.
- In a separate plate or dish add in the flour and bread crumbs. Mix well.
- Dip each piece of chicken in the eggs and then bread crumb mixture.
- In a shallow skillet add in the oil. Let the oil heat up and then lower the heat to medium. Place 2 chicken breasts in at a time and cook 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Place into a casserole dish.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the pan and cover with alluminum foil.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until fully cooked through.
- Let the meat rest for a few minutes and then ENJOY!