Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- 3 ¾ cups flour sifted
- 1 cup butter softened at room temperature
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 ⅓ cup cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp potato starch
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Red and green candied cherries
- 1/3 cup white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 410 degrees F and line a baking sheet with some parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the softened butter and powdered sugar. Using a hand held mixer whip the mixture until the mixture is combined and the sugar has dissolved.
- Add in the egg, oil and vegetable oil. Keep mixing until everything is combined.
- Gradually start to add in the flour, potato starch and baking powder.
- Once the dough is too tough for the mixer, switch over to a spatula and continue to mix until everything is combined.
- Taking about 1 small ice cream scoop of the dough make a ball.
- Using your palm slightly flatten the dough.
- At this point you can make a design on the dough or you can just make a thumbprint imprint in the center of the cookie.
- Place on your baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 410 degrees F. Then lower the temp to 380 degrees F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool and then melt the chocolate in the microwave at 30 second increments.
- Dab a bit of the chocolate in the hole of the cookie and top with a cherry.
- Set aside for the cookies to fully set, plate and ENJOY!