Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60-90 minutes
- 6 baking potatoes (roughly same size to allow even cooking)
- 2-3 tbs. olive oil
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup mild or sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 tbs. unsalted butter (softened)
- 6 strips of bacon (chopped)
- 3 spring onions (diced)
- Generous amount of salt
- Pepper to taste
- Sour cream to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
- Place washed and dried potatoes on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Massage the oil into the potatoes and sprinkle a generous amount of salt over them. Bake for about one hour or until potatoes are fully cooked through (if a fork goes in smoothly to your potato you’re good), making sure to flip potatoes mid way.
- While the potatoes are in the oven crisp up your bacon and set aside until needed.
- Cut potatoes in half and taking a spoon scoop the inside of the potato out into a clean bowl, leaving about an 1/2 inch border around the skin. Place hollowed out potatoes back on backing sheet.
- At this point lower your oven to 325 degrees.
- Taking the back of a fork or a potato masher mash the scooped out potatoes to your desired consistency.
- Add in butter, 2/3 cup of cheese, and milk. Mix well to combine. Add in about 2/3 of your bacon and give the mixture a stir.
- Scoop the potato mixture into your hollowed out potatoes (as little or as much as you want).
- Top each with remaining cheese and pop back into the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese melts and mixture is warmed through.
- Top each with a dollop of sour cream, remaining bacon, and green onions.
- Plate and ENJOY!