Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast cut into 1 inch thick pieces
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese (shredded) may need more depending on how much cheese is in each chicken breast
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 2 egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tbs. flour
- 2 cups desired pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbs. vegetable oil
- 4-6 sprigs of fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Taking one piece of chicken at a time cut into the cutlet towards the center making sure not to cut all the way through. Watch the video for a visual.
- Salt and pepper each side of the chicken.
- Stuff each chicken breast with mozzarella cheese.
- In one dish place the eggs. In a separate dish put the flour and bread crumbs.
- Season each dish with salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Taking one piece of chicken at a time dip it in the egg mixture, then in the bread crumb mixture.
- In a pan add in the vegetable oil and heat it up.
- Keeping the heat on medium add in the chicken and cook 2-3 minutes on each side. You don’t want to cook it all the way through you just want to brown the outside.
- Taking a baking dish pour the pasta sauce into the baking dish covering the bottom. Make sure to leave enough sauce to pour over the top of the chicken breasts.
- Place the chicken into the baking dish. Top with the remaining pasta sauce, some mozzarella cheese, and parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked through. Baking time will differ depending on the size of your chicken breasts.
- Top with fresh basil and ENJOY!