Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 4.5 hours- 8.5 hours
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 jalapeno diced (if you like spice and 2)
- 1 15 oz. can cannellini beans rinsed and dried
- 1 15 oz can red kidney beans rinsed and dried
- 1 14.5 oz can chopped tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbs. tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbs vegetable oil or olive oil
- Sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- Green onions (optional)
- In a skillet over medium/ high heat add in the vegetable oil and chopped onion. Cook 3-4 minutes until onions cook down slightly stirring occasionally.
- Add in the green pepper. Stirring often cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the ground turkey and cook breaking the turkey up with a wooden spoon. Cook until you don’t see any more pink about 4 minutes or so.
- Add in the garlic and jalapeño. Cook for 60 seconds and add in the tomato paste. Continue to cook and stir until the tomato paste is distributed throughout the mixture. Finish off with salt and pepper and remove from stove.
- Into the insert of the slow cooker add in the ground turkey and veggie mixture. Finish off with both types of beans, diced tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, chicken broth, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, and pepper. Stir well.
- Cook 4 hours on high and 8 hours on low.
- Top with cheddar cheese and green onions (optional). ENJOY!