Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 9-11 minutes
I find that this recipe works best with a pipping bag with a very fine tip, or you can do what I did and use a Ziplock baggie and cut off a very small piece off of the bottom corner.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tbs. vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 egg at room temperature
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (plus additional 1/2 cup for decorating)
- 1 cup melting chocolate of your choice (I used dark chocolate)
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix well and set aside.
- In a separate bowl combine the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until everything is incorporated and smooth.
- Add in one egg at a time making sure to mix well after each egg. Add in the vanilla and combine.
- Gradually start to add in the dry ingredients to the wet. Once your mixtures are combined add in the chocolate chips. Mix well and refrigerate 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees and line some baking sheets with some parchment paper.
- Taking about 2 tbs of cookie dough roll into a ball. Place on the baking sheet and press down slightly with the palm of your hand. Continue to do this spreading the cookies apart about 2 inches from each other.
- When you’re done take the spare chocolate chip and put 3-4 chips into the cookie making the flat part face up.
- Bake cookies 9-11 minutes or until cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Let cookies cool completely.
- In a microwave safe bowl add in your melting chocolate and melt in the microwave at 30 second increments making sure to stir every 30 seconds.
- Place melted chocolate into your pipping bag or Ziploc baggie. Taking one cookie at a time start to draw a dot on the bottom and top of each flat chocolate chip. Then draw 3 lines on each sides for legs.
- Let the chocolate dry and ENJOY!