Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 35-40 minutes
- 1 head of broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 3-4 potatoes chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 carrots grated
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a small soup pot (6 quart is more than enough) add in the chopped potatoes and add in 12-14 cups of water. Add in a healthy pinch of salt and start to cook the potatoes. Once the potatoes start to boil lower the heat slightly. Not low enough to stop the boil but just enough to keep the water bubbling.
2. In a medium sized skillet add in the butter. Keeping the heat on medium high let the butter melt.
3. Add in the onion and cook 3-4 minutes stirring often, or until onions are translucent and fully cooked through.
4. Add in the carrots and cook for a few minutes (2-3) stirring often. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Once the potatoes have softened in the soup pot add in the onion and carrots. Mix well to combine.
6. Add in the broccoli and cook until it’s cooked through (about 5-8 minutes).
7. Add in the turmeric and mix well to combine.
8. Season the cup of heavy cream with a pinch of salt and mix well to combine. Add the cream into the soup pot.
9. Season with pepper and additional salt if needed. Let cook for an additional 5 minutes and remove the soup from the heat. Let sit covered for a few minutes and ENJOY!