Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts chopped
- 16 oz penne pasta
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp oil from tomatoes
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves diced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp. paprika
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil (enough to coat bottom of skillet)
- 1 cup reserved cooked pasta water
- Boil your pasta according to package instructions. Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooked pasta water and set aside.
- In a skillet with high sides add in the vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium add in the chicken. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Cook 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally or until chicken is fully cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the cooked chicken to a clean plate.
- Into the same skillet add in the onions. Cook for 3-4 minutes until softened and translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook for about 60 seconds or until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the sun dried tomatoes along with the reserved tomato oil.
- Add back in the cooked chicken and mix well to combine.
- Add in the heavy cream, reserved pasta water and chili powder. Mix well.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese and spinach and mix well to combine.
- Take the drained pasta and add that into the mixture. Mix well and let simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from heat, let sit for a few minutes, plate and ENJOY!