Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 12-15 minutes
Rest time: 12 hours
- 1 lb. pork butt
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 tbsp. dried marjoram
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the pork into 1 inch thick slices. Taking one slice at a time cut the slice into 1 inch strips.
- Taking 3 strips at a time line them up next to each other. Start to braid the strips until you no longer can.
- Using a toothpick for each end secure the pieces so that the braids do not fall apart (watch video for visual).
- Gently place the braids into a medium sized mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the vegetable oil, honey, oregano, marjoram, salt and pepper. Mix well and pour over the braided pork.
- Gently massage the marinade into the pork, cover with some plastic wrap and place in the fridge for a minimum of 12 hours.
- When ready to cook heat the grill to around 400 degrees. Grill for 6-7 minutes on each side or until fully cooked through.
- Remove from grill, let sit for a few minutes and ENJOY!