Prep time: 20 minutes
Bake time: 45-50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 4 large eggs separated into whites and yolks
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries drained
- Preheat the oven to 365 and line a round pan (about 10 inch) with some parchement paper. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the egg whites. Using an electric mixer whip the eggs until you start to get still peaks.
- Add in half of the sugar and continue to whip until all the sugar is completely dissolved. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add in the egg yolks and the remaining half of the sugar. Whip until the mixture is pale and fluffy (this takes some time so be patient).
- Add in the vanilla, Greek yogurt, potato starch and salt. Mix for a few seconds to make sure everything is incorporated but be careful not to overmix so the dough doens’t get too tough.
- Pour the mixture into your prepared pan and top with the marachino cherries. You can also use any other fruit you’d like.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before removing. Cut up and ENJOY!
3 Comments Add yours
Awesome recipe right here! Good decision to use Greek yogurt too, with its consistency similar to cream cheese. (Besides, both cream cheese and yogurt are milk by-products too haha!)
(Also enjoying your accompanying videos with every recipe.)
Awww thank you so much. It really is so delicious. I have such a massive sweet tooth that every time I make this it’s gone in no time 🤦🏻♀️
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well, you can always whip up a new batch! 😁