Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 35-45 minutes
- 9 large eggs
- 10 ounces spinach chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 5 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Unsalted butter (to grease dish)
- Salt/ Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F and grease a square casserole dish with some unsalted butter. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the eggs, salt and oil. Mix well to combine. You want the eggs to be nicely broken up because you want the mixture to be easy to pour.
- In a medium sized skillet add in about 1/2-1 tbsp. of oil. Keeping the heat on medium let the skillet heat up.
- Once nice and hot add in about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of the egg mixture. You are looking for the thickness of an actual crepe so do not put too much.
- Place the cooked egg crepes on a plate and set aside.
- In a small skillet add in about 1-2 tbsp. vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium/ high add in the onions. Cook until golden brown stirring often.
- Add in diced garlic and cook for an additional 60-90 seconds or until the garlic is nice and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl add in the chopped spinach, cooked onion and garlic and ricotta cheese. Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Take your casserole dish and start to layer your lasagna. Start with the egg crepe and if you’d like them to fit more snug feel free to cut the edges off to make them square (this is totally optional and I typically do not do this, I only did it for the video so that you can see the layers in the dish).
- Top the egg with mozzarella cheese and the spinach ricotta mixture. Continue to do this until you run out of crepes. The top layer should be the last crepe topped with mozzarella cheese and a sprinkle of parmesan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes. Let sit for a few minutes and ENJOY!