Prep time: 10-15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 carrots peeled and cut in half
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt to taste
Egg Noodle Materials:
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup flour (amount may vary depending on size of eggs and consistency of batter)
- Add in your halved carrot into a small sauce pan. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Cook until the carrots are cooked through. Time will vary depending on the thickness of the carrots.
- In a small skillet add in the unsalted butter. Keeping the heat on medium high melt the butter. Add in the chopped onion and cook stirring often until the onion is fully cooked through.
- In a food processor add in in the cooked carrots and onions. Pulse until the mixture becomes a paste.
- Add in 8 cups of chicken stock into a soup pot. Keeping the heat on high bring the stock to a boil.
- Add in the paste into the chicken stock and mix well.
- Add in the tomato paste and stir until the paste is dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl or cup add in the 3 eggs and flour. Mix well until everything is combined and you have the consistency of pancake batter.
- You can either place the batter into a piping bag with a very small tip or you can pour the batter directly into the soup from a measuring cup.
- Pour the mixture directly into the soup.
- In a small mixing bowl or measuring cup add in the heavy cream and egg yolk. Season with salt and mix well to combine.
- Add in a few tablespoons of the hot soup mixture into the heavy cream and mix well.
- Add in the mixture into the soup and mix well.
- Season with salt if needed and simmer for a few minutes.
- Plate and ENJOY!