Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 5-6 large carrots peeled
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup water
- Salt to taste
- Place the peeled carrots into a medium sized sauce pan and cover with water (if carrots don’t fit then cut them in half).
- Boil until the carrots are fully cooked through (time will vary depending on size of carrots). Let the carrots cool slightly.
- Chop up the carrots into desired size cubes. Set aside.
- In a mixing cup add in the flour and water. Mix well. Set aside until later.
- In a medium sized skillet add in the butter and keeping the heat on medium high let the butter melt.
- Add in peas and cook until the peas are fully heated through.
- Add in the carrots and season with salt. Cook for a few minutes stirring often.
- Pour the water/ flour mixture over the peas and carrot. Stir and cook for several minutes until the liquid in the pan thickens and becomes glossy.
- Plate and ENJOY!