Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 40-45 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts cut into cutlets about 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large carrot shredded
- 1 large leek sliced into half moons
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Vegetable oil (will vary depending on skillet size)
- In a skillet add in a few tbsp. of oil. Add in the sliced leeks and shredded carrots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium high heat stirring often until the leeks and carrots have softened and cooked down.
- Set aside.
- In the meantime preheat the oven to 380 degrees F.
- Taking one cutlet at a time pound the chicken until its about 1/4 inch thick.
- Season with salt and pepper on each side and continue to do this to the remaining chicken cutlets.
- When finished take one cutlet at a time and place a thin layer or the leek and carrot mixture over the chicken. Roll the chicken to form the roll. Set aside seam side down.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl add in the egg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- In a separate dish combine the flour and bread crumbs.
- Dip the stuffed chicken in the egg mixture carefully so that it does not fall apart.
- Place the egg covered chicken in the bread crumbs and coat it.
- Add in a few tbsp. of vegetable oil into a skillet (enough to cover the bottom of the skillet) and let the oil heat up.
- Once the oil is hot place the chicken in the pan seam side down. Cook 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Flip the chicken and continue to cook for an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Place the chicken in a casserole dish. Cover with aluminum foil and cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.
- Plate and ENJOY!