Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10-12 minutes per batch
- 4 pieces tilapia cut into halves
- 1 bottle of beer
- 2 cups flour (additional 1/2 cup for dipping)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Vegetable Oil
1. In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the beer, flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. mix using a hand held whisk. Set aside.
2. Season each fish fillet with salt and pepper on both sides.
3. If your fillets are long cut each in half.
4. Pour in enough cooking oil (flavorless) to cover the bottom of a skillet about 1/2 inch and let the oil heat up.
5. Dip each piece of fish in the flour and then directly into the beer batter.
6. Place into the hot oil and keeping the heat on medium cook 5-6 minutes on each side or until the outside is golden brown and inside is fully cooked through.
7. Place on a paper towel lined plate to soak up and excess oil and then ENJOY!