Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 2 lbs green beans (trimmed and washed)
- 1 lb mince meat of your choice (I used chicken and turkey)
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves diced
- 1 tbsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 tbsp. vegetable oil
- Bring a large pot or water to a boil and salt generously. Add in the green beans and cook 4-5 minutes or just until the green beans are tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet with high sides add in the vegetable oil. Add in the onion and cook 3-4 minutes on medium/ high heat or until the onions are cooked through and translucent.
- Add in the garlic and cook about 60 seconds.
- Add in the ground meat and cook for about 5-6 minutes stirring often, or until the ground meat is fully cooked through.
- Add in the tomato sauce and season with oregano, paprika, sugar, chili powder, salt and pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add the green beans back in, cover and turn the heat down to low. Cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh basil (optional) and ENJOY!