Prep time: 20-25 minutes
Cook time: 0 hours
- 1 small head cabbage shredded
- 2 medium sized carrots shredded
- 1 onion thinly sliced into half moons
- 1/2 cup dill diced
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste (additional 3 tbsp. needed for cabbage to release moisture)
- Add the shredded cabbage to a large bowl and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt. Set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime grab a large mixing bowl and combine the carrots, onion and dill.
- By this point your cabbage should have released some moisture. Squeeze as much of the moisture out as you can and then place the drained cabbage into the bowl with the carrots, onion and dill.
- Add in the olive oil, lemon juice and sugar. Mix well and season with pepper and more salt if needed and place in the fridge covered for a few hours.
- Plate and ENJOY!