Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 large or 2 small chicken breasts cubed
- 5-6 celery stalks chopped
- 4-5 large potatoes cubed
- 1 carrot chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic cloves diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 tsp all-spice
- 1 tbsp. Marjoram
- 1 tbsp. poultry seasoning
- 1 cup heavy cream w/ generous pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 10 cups of water (12 cups if you like more broth)
- ¼ cup fresh dill
- In a mixing bowl add in the cubed chicken and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and set aside while you cut up the celery, carrot, onion, potatoes and garlic.
- In a medium sized skillet add in the vegetable oil. Keeping the heat on medium let the oil heat up.
- Add in the cubed chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is fully cooked through (about 4-5 minutes).
- Add in the garlic and cook just until the garlic becomes fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large pot add in the unsalted butter. Keeping the heat on medium high, let the butter melt.
- Add in the onion, celery and carrots. Cook for a few minutes until the veggies start to soften.
- Add in the potatoes and give the mixture a good stir.
- Season with additional salt and pepper.
- Add in the cooked chicken and again stir well to combine.
- Add in enough water to cover the mixture with about 2-3 inches of water over top.
- Bring the mixture to a boil. Add in the bay leaves, all spice, poultry seasoning and marjoram. Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the heavy cream which you have salted with a generous pinch of salt.
- Continue to mix and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the dill and remove from heat.
- Set aside and let sit for 15-20 minutes for the flavors to marinate.
- Plate and ENJOY!